Lentil soup with spinach Recipe - Nutty Ducca seasoning, with dates, cinnamon and a dollop of yogurt with lemon - refined with mint at will. Lentil soup (with lamb sausages!) Can be so cosmopolitan!
Ingredients For Lentil soup with spinach Recipe
Working time: 60 min.
For 4 servings
- 100 g onions
- 200 g carrots
- 100 g celeriac
- 1 leek, 200 g
- 80 g dates, without stone
- 1 salt lemon to make lentil soup with spinach recipe
- 1 bunch of parsley, smooth, 30 g
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Ducca, North African spice mix
- 250 g mountain lentils
- 1 l poultry stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 g baby leaf spinach
- 150 g of yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 merguez, 100 g each, North African lamb sausages
- 6 stems of mint
- 1 tsp lemon zest, organic, finely grated
Preparation for Cooking
- To make lentil soup with spinach recipe, cut the onions into cubes. Clean and peel the carrots and celery, cut into pieces approx. 1 cm in size. Halve the leek lengthways, wash, cut the white and light green inc. 5 mm wide pieces. Cut the dates finely. Drain the salt lemon, cut into thin slices and chop finely. Finely chop the parsley with the stems.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan, steam onions, carrots, celery, leeks and 2-3 tablespoons of Ducca in it over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add dates, lemon and lentils. Fill up with stock and 400 ml of water, bring to the boil. Add cinnamon and parsley, cook open with occasional stirring over medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean, wash and spin dry spinach. Mix the yogurt with lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a little pepper until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper at the end of the cooking time. Puree 1/3 of the soup very finely with a cutting stick in a narrow, tall mixing beaker or liter. Put back in the soup, bring the soup to a boil, stir in the spinach, keep the soup warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Fry sausages in it over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, cut into coarse pieces and arrange with the soup in deep plates. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of yoghurt, serve with plucked mint leaves, a little Ducca and lemon zest and serve immediately. Enjoy lentil soup with spinach recipe!